Podcast: Play in new window | Download | Embed
This is a rebroadcast. The episode originally ran in January 2020.
Kim Partridge is originally from West Valley City, Utah, and has lived in Phoenix, Arizona for 20 years. She is a nurse and a life coach for teenage girls, and has served as a Young Women president in her stake Young Women presidency. Kim and her husband are the parents of four children.
Since this podcast was originally broadcast, Kim has changed the hike for the young women to be statewide and include the young men as well. She also speaks more in depth with the youth now about how the hike is like the Plan of Salvation, how we are disciples of Christ as we are hiking in the Grand Canyon, and about the names of Christ that we either take upon us as we hike or that we see in the Grand Canyon. Learn more HERE.
7:40 Young Women are all about relationships
9:50 Conflicts within relationships can play out in the church setting
- 12:00 Micromanaging relationships seldom works out well; story of two Laurels
- 17:30 Story of young woman whose grandmother asked that they invite her into Young Womens: grandma was angry that she hadn’t been welcomed like she wanted
- 23:40 Everyone cannot always have a fantastic time
24:30 She learned that she needed to know what the young women wanted
- 25:00 They wanted to do activities similar to what the young men were doing
- 26:45 Target shooting at her first girl’s camp
- 29:00 Goal to connect with the young women at camp
- 33:20 Expectation that they will tell her what they want: get interested/pay attention to the clues
36:00 She encourages fun with everything but also balances that with the spiritual aspects
38:15 Admit when you make a mistake: left someone behind
42:00 Making sure the youth are handling their goals without the adults always pushing
- 45:00 Go back to the basics, help them recognize what they want, and know that they are developing a relationship with Jesus Christ
49:00 Request for a change from physical challenges to an embroidery challenge
51:45 Grand Canyon activity: what the girls learned while doing a hard thing
59:35 Leading young women has developed her relationship with the Savior
Kim Partridge Coaching
Deseret Book SEEK course: How to Help Young Women Be Confident Leaders
Read the TRANSCRIPT of this podcast
Listen on YouTube
Get 14-day access to the Core Leader Library
The Leading Saints Podcast is one of the top independent Latter-day Saints podcasts as part of nonprofit Leading Saints’ mission to help Latter-day Saints be better prepared to lead. Learn more and listen to any of the past episodes for free at LeadingSaints.org.
Past guests include Emily Belle Freeman, David Butler, Hank Smith, John Bytheway, Liz Wiseman, Stephen M. R. Covey, Julie Beck, Brad Wilcox, Jody Moore, Tony Overbay, John H. Groberg, Elaine Dalton, Tad R. Callister, Lynn G. Robbins, J. Devn Cornish, Dennis B. Neuenschwander, Anthony Sweat, John Hilton III, Barbara Morgan Gardner, Blair Hodges, Whitney Johnson, Ryan Gottfredson, Greg McKeown, DeAnna Murphy, Michael Goodman, Richard Ostler, Ganel-Lyn Condie, and many more in over 500 episodes.
Discover podcasts, articles, virtual conferences, and live events related to callings such as the bishopric, Relief Society, elders quorum, Primary, youth leadership, stake leadership, ward mission, ward council, young adults, ministering, and teaching.