Samuel Bradshaw is a Church employee and a part-time student. His interest in music and statistic led him to creating a project called SingPraises.net where he analyses how the hymns are sung in the LDS Church. He gathers hundreds of data points from wards around the world and then organizes the data to see which hymns are being sung the most and which hymns are being neglected.
A bishopric or ward music chair would find this interview helpful as you seek to better use all the hymns in some way to invite the spirit into your meetings.
Top 10 Most Sung Hymns in Sacrament Meeting
(Excluding Sacrament hymns)
- I Know That My Redeemer Lives (168)
- Because I Have Been Given Much (153)
- How Firm a Foundation (150)
- Lord, I Would Follow Thee (145)
- I Believe in Christ (134)
- Now Let Us Rejoice (124)
- High on the Mountain Top (121)
- Teach Me to Walk in the Light (116)
- We Thank Thee, O God, for a Prophet (116)
- Choose the Right (114)
See the full list HERE.
Highlights from the interview:
- What is SingPraises.net? (2:00)
- How do you gather information about what hymns wards are singing? (7:00)
- What are some of the more popular hymns sung? (8:30)
- Visit the hymn statistic page
- What information do you collect on hymn books? (13:20)
- What is the best way a ward could use SingPraises.net? (14:00)
- What is the best way to resurrect some forgotten hymns? (17:05)
- To get involved with the SingPraises.net project and submit your weekly hymns CLICK HERE