Kreig and Sherry Smith are from Overland Park, Kansas. They are preparing to serve a Leader and Member Support mission in the Brazil, Santa Maria Mission on September 7th , 2015. Following his service as a missionary in Brazil, Kreig and Sherry met in a class while attending BYU. Kreig has a Masters degree in Organizational Behavior and Sherry has a Masters degree in Communicative Disorders. After moving around in their early marriage they moved to Kansas where they raised their family of 4 children. Kreig and Sherry have both served in many leadership callings within the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Kreig has served as a counselor in a Stake Presidency, as a Bishop, having had 3 counselors serve with him, and also as Elder’s Quorum President and Young Men’s President. Sherry has served in Relief Society Presidencies, including being in two presidencies at the same time, Primary Presidencies and Young Women Presidencies.
- We are not in charge
- Helping people live up to their privilege
- Connecting the temporal need to the spiritual habit
- Calling people other than the “same ten people”
- Counseling with those with welfare needs
- Evidence-based direct counseling with members
- Helping members move from crisis mode to planning for the future