Wayne Brockbank was a mission president in the Nigeria Uyo and the Ghana Accra missions from 2006-2009. He has lived and worked as a consultant and professor in Abu Dhabi for the past 7 years and experiences the unique culture of the LDS church in a Muslim country. He was born in Salt Lake City and grew up in Petaluma, California. As a young man, Wayne along with his wife served missions in the South German mission. He has degrees from BYU and UCLA and has taught at the University of Michigan where he also served as a bishop for 9 years. He also was recently released as a bishop in Abu Dhabi.
In this episode we cover the following topics:
- The feelings of being called as a bishop 21:00
- Being LDS in Abu Dhabi among Muslims 29:30
- The growth of the LDS Church in Abu Dhabi 35:00
- The unique challenges of being a bishop in Abu Dhabi 45:00
- Advice to share with other bishops 48:00
- Experiences as a mission president in Africa 56:20