Shawn Hammond is a bishop in Colorado Spring, Colorado. He’s also had the opportunity to serve as a Young Men’s president, elders quorum president, and was also blessed to serve in the California Sacramento Mission in the early 2000’s.
In this episode we talk about his 5 pillars of leadership as well as topics like helping families through a tragic loss.
Another great interview!
Bishop Hammond’s 5 Leadership Principles
- It really is about the “ONE.”
- “We must develop the capacity to see men not as they are at present but as they may become when they receive testimonies of the gospel of Christ.” President Thomas S. Monson
- Don’t be satisfied just doing things the way others in similar positions do them.
- Err on the side of mercy and compassion.
- Your most important calling isn’t in the Church, but in your home.
Are We Not All Beggars? Elder Jeffrey R. Holland
Doctrine & Covenants 121: 43 – “Reproving betimes with sharpness…”