In this episode I am pleased to introduce you to the voice of Leading Saints Italia, Marco Ferrini. Marco is a bishop in Florence, Italy and got turned on to the Leading Saints podcast last year by another bishop who recommended it to him. He loved the resource so much that he contacted me about doing a similar podcast in Italian. I am excited to extend the Leading Saints brand over to Italy and continue the work of enhancing leadership in the Church.
Bishop Ferrini also talks to us about his Italian pioneer heritage. His mother was one of the first members in Italy. He has served in most leadership callings available in the Church and now has had the opportunity to serve as bishop for the last couple of years.
Bishop Ferrini’s 5 Leadership Principles
- “Remember, Brethren, in this work it is the Spirit that counts.” – Ezra Taft Benson – https://goo.gl/zZjtWZ
- “Never let a problem to be solved become more important than a person to be loved.” – President Monson – https://goo.gl/5ghC6c
- “For the natural man is an enemy to God, and has been from the fall of Adam, and will be, forever and ever, unless he yields to the enticings of the Holy Spirit, and putteth off the natural man and becometh a saint through the atonement of Christ the Lord, and becometh as a child, submissive, meek, humble, patient, full of love, willing to submit to all things which the Lord seeth fit to inflict upon him, even as a child doth submit to his father.” – Mosiah 3:19
- “I did read many things unto them which were written in the books of Moses; but that I might more fully persuade them to believe in the Lord their Redeemer I did read unto them that which was written by the prophet Isaiah; for I did liken all scriptures unto us, that it might be for our profit and learning.” – 1 Nephi 19:23
- “If you fail to plan, you are planning to fail!” – Benjamin Franklin – http://goo.gl/rfzN0W
Follow Marco on Snapchat @Marcowakko