Kurt Francom, the Executive Director of Leading Saints, recently attended a Wild at Heart Boot Camp and said, “These boot camps introduce a model that every bishop and elders quorum president needs to witness and understand. If we can’t learn as leaders how to speak to the heart of a man, the men in our wards will never find brotherhood, redemption, and peace in the quorums of the restored gospel. I strongly recommend every leader in the Church attend this boot camp”
The cost includes all food and lodging for the entire 3 days and 2 nights. The actual event will consist of three to five 45-75 minute spiritually focused discussions per day (illustrated by some awesome movie clips) followed by 30-60 minute periods of personal reflection, praying and pondering on the themes of the presentation, in the mountains literally surrounding the venue.
In order to include anyone with a Christian background, this is an interdenominational Christian experience. Though attendees will not hear typical Latter-day Saint jargon and traditions, it is a very spiritual Christian experience with many references to the Bible and the life of Christ. It’s a wonderful opportunity to see an effective experience among brethren in a way that isn’t overly similar to a Latter-day Saint experience.
There will be as many as 100 men attending this boot camp. They typically sell out.
Registration is from 10:00 until 11:00 AM on Thursday, Sept 5.
The boot camp will end between 6:30 and 7:30 PM Saturday.
Please CONTACT US if you need a payment plan option.
What to bring:
- Bedding (sleeping bag & pillow)
- Mattress pad (optional-thin sleeping mats are on the beds)
- Extra clothing for 3 days
- Warm outerwear- The weather will likely be cold and we may have snow
- Hiking and or snow boots
- Reusable Water Bottle
- Your Favorite Folding Camp Chair or Seat Cushion (highly recommended)
- A notebook/journal with pen or pencil
- A watch – You will be given times to be back in your seat, so you’ll need to know what time it is.
- Electronic devices such as iPads and other tablets for note taking are okay, but no internet is available. We require everyone to unplug from the outside world, so leave your work laptops and cell phones in your car during the boot camp. Cell phone signal is minimal at best. We will provide an emergency number to give to those who might need to reach you.
- Cash (optional) – Books and study material will be available at reduced rates at the boot camp.